The purpose of this position is to provide a clear, consistent structure for the classroom that ensures that the academic, social, and emotional needs of each Special Education student are met within the guidelines of the Individual Educational Program (IEP) course work. The Special Education Advisor at Pagosa Peak Open School reports to the School Director
Date Posted: 3/6/2017
Date Needed: 8/1/2017
Primary Category: Paraprofessional/Teaching Aide
Salary: $15.00 hourly
Type of Position: Full-Time
Education Requirement: Associates Degree
Description & Details
Assistant Teacher (Paraprofessional)
Assist professional school personnel in classrooms, educational programs, lunchrooms, and other areas as needed. The Assistant Advisor works under close supervision of the lead classroom advisor,special education advisor, and school director.
· Meet the Highly Qualified certification requirements including having an Associate’s (or higher) degree.
· Strong skills in reading, writing, and mathematics and to be able to demonstrate knowledge of, and the ability to assist in instructing, reading, writing, and mathematics.
· Ability to develop good relationships with students, parents and staff.
· Ability to be sensitive and to relate to students with warmth, friendliness, and understanding.
· Ability to work with special educational students.
Full-Time Benefits available
Vision: Pagosa Peak Open School aims to inspire a passion and respect for learning, knowledge, character and skills, enabling children to pursue their dreams and lead meaningful lives. The children are nurtured and engaged through outdoor education, hands-on projects, and community involvement.
Mission: Pagosa Peak Open School is committed to providing a flexible, respectful and inclusive learning environment built upon individual competencies and interests, where education evolves as a creative process, fostering self-sufficient individuals with inquisitive minds. By exploring subjects through participation in natural environments, student achievement is amplified and a strong sense of place is solidified, inevitably supporting community vitality and a healthy planet.
How to Apply: Please send a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, and you will hear from us shortly about further application steps and interview scheduling.